Show/Hide Menu

Search Journals

This searches the indexes to the Transactions of the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire.

See also CHURCHYARDS AND CEMETERIES see PREHISTORY for early burial places;
A Liverpool m[emorial] i[nscription]. In Stray notes
Author:
Volume: 77 (1925-0) Pages: 153-0, To William Banning. View Volume

A visit to the tomb of Theodoro Paleologus
Author: J. T. Towson
Volume: 9 (1856-1857) Pages: 213-222, illus., pedigree. Landulph church, Cornwall. View Volume

Arms and epitaphs. [Notes
Author: contributors including F. C. Beazley, E. A. Heffer and J. P. Rylands]
Volume: 63 (1911-0) Pages: 88-91, illus. View Volume

Brass of William Crook, 1506
Author: F. Crooks
Volume: 89 (1937-0) Pages: 29-30, illus. Brass in the church at Great Gaddesden. View Volume

Chetham epitaph
Author: J. P. R[ylands]. In Stray notes
Volume: 72 (1920-0) Pages: 94-0, George Chetham son of James Chetham of Turton, 1701. View Volume

Description of the old church of Wilmslow, in Cheshire and its monuments
Author: R. Brooke
Volume: 1 (1848-1849) Pages: 130-143, See also note in 2 (1849-50) p. 3. View Volume

Liverpool in the reign of Queen Anne, 1705 and 1708. From a rate assessment book of the town and parish, giving one of the earliest known lists of inhabitants, with their respective holdings, according to streets
Author: H. Peet
Volume: 59 (1907-0) Pages: 3-177, illus., maps. Includes extensive transcripts, and also transcripts of memorials in St. Nicholas' and St. Peter's churches. View Volume

Mediaeval monumental effigies remaining in Cheshire
Author: F. H. Crossley
Volume: 76 (1924-0) Pages: 1-51, illus. (incl. front.). View Volume

Memorial brass at Clitheroe. In Stray notes
Author:
Volume: 66 (1914-0) Pages: 275-0, Memorial to John Harrisson. View Volume

Monumental brasses found at Preston
Author: W. Dobson
Volume: 8 (1855-1856) Pages: 247-248, View Volume

Monumental inscriptions in Melling church, Liverpool
Author: F. H. Cheetham
Volume: 67 (1915-0) Pages: 144-147, View Volume

Note on a palimpsest brass in Hawarden church
Author: M. Stephenson
Volume: 64 (1912-0) Pages: 320-322, illus. View Volume

Notes on the Buslingthorpe brass
Author: Rev. J. Sansom
Volume: 10 (1857-1858) Pages: 203-206, View Volume

Rector Wolstenholme and his memorial tablet
Author: H. Peet
Volume: 74 (1922-0) Pages: 68-82, illus. Henry Wolstenholme was buried in St. Peter's church, Liverpool. View Volume

Some notice of a monumental brass to the memory of Mr. Lingard, in the parish church of Warmingham, Cheshire
Author: G. Clayton
Volume: 1 (1848-1849) Pages: 109-111, View Volume

The Harington monument in Cartmel church
Author: W. O. Roper
Volume: 32 (1879-1880) Pages: 147-154, front. View Volume

The memorial inscriptions in Hawarden parish church. [With appendix on] arms at Aston Hall, Hawarden
Author: W. B. Jones
Volume: 67 (1915-0) Pages: 169-206, illus. View Volume

The monument to Sir Thomas Hesketh, Bt., at Rufford
Author: F. H. Cheetham
Volume: 83 (1931-0) Pages: 179-182, illus. View Volume

The monumental and other inscriptions in the churches of Stoak, Backford, and Thornton-le-Moors, in the county of Chester. Copied in the year 1904, with annotations
Author: by J. P. Rylands and F. C. Beazley
Volume: 57 (1905-0) Pages: 120-207, illus. View Volume

The monumental brass of William Lathom, 1532
Author: P. Nelson
Volume: 78 (1926-0) Pages: 1-2, front. The brass was formerly in Douglas chapel, Parbold. View Volume

The monuments at Bunbury church, Cheshire
Author: J. P. Rylands and F. C. Beazley. [Part 1]
Volume: 69 (1917-0) Pages: 97-145, illus.; Part 2. 70 (1918) pp. 72-131, illus., pedigrees. View Volume

The post-Reformation effigies and monuments of Cheshire (1550-1800)
Author: F. H. Crossley
Volume: 91 (1939-0) Pages: 1-123, front, illus. The frontispiece is an effigy of Mary Knightley of Tarporley; there are many other named effigies illustrated in this paper but they have not been individually indexed. View Volume

Wirral records of the 17th century
Author: F. C. Beazley
Volume: 77 (1925-0) Pages: 76-114, Information on churches, monuments, pedigrees and Dugdale's heraldic visitation of Wirral in 1663-4. A further note appears in 78 (1926) p. 144. View Volume